Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dream Of A Simple Life

What is this ‘simple’ you crave?
This life that you seem so eager to brave?

Bring myself out of the darkness and into the light,
Troubles from the past will remain out of sight.
Keep my back turned from the memory of all,
Those days that I wish not to recall.

Live my life simple choosing to love,
Those that I wish to, the others to shove,
Far away and keep myself safe,
Close to the ones with wings of a dove.

A house in the country, far out of the way,
The protection called distance; I’ll choose to stay,
A garden of veggies and herbs for delight,
Growing daily along them in the sunlight.

This is the simple I long to be,
And the happiness protected deep within me.
A porch to watch time slowly go by,
A house painted colors as blue as the sky.
It’s not the mere structure that fills my need,
It’s the home I crave, where I can be free.

The protection of its walls that I wrap around me.
A place for once that I’ll never leave.
Chickens nesting again for the night,
Their voices I’ll hear against first light.

Rolling land so peaceful and free,
Just land and trees for as far as you see.
Voices of wind talking in season,
A whippoorwill rhyming its reason.

Don’t wake me from this dream of simple life,
It’s where I’ve landed through a journey of strife.
At least I can still dream such a colorful tale,
I’m keeping this with me til my coffin’s last nail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home